Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bicol road trip - Part 3

After losing the car key and driving the car in the ditch, I have enough adventure for the day. We just relaxed for the rest of the night, talked with neighborhood people (who in a lot of ways are my mom’s relatives!). Decided to buy them some “bubbles” (beer) as my treat for helping me get my dear car out of the ditch :-) Lots of laughing and reminiscing – they tease me no end on how I used to be like Gretchen Baretto in figure and now I am more like Nadia Montenegro (sorry guys if you don’t know the celebrity gossip mill in the Phils!).

The following day, our plan is that we will go for boating trip. Stop by the tiny island for a swim. Then, head to Manila.

Well, the next day we have a late start as Audrey and Bobby were sleeping like a log. Anyway, it was an interesting boat drive. Love the tiny island we went to!! It was so like a commercial ad – seeing Audrey use her cell phone in the middle of a tiny island!! Attention, Smart and Sun!! Great signal in there!

We left Bacacay, almost 3pm. Our conversation in the car turned to Pinangat and boy… did we crave for it. We are almost in Ligao, I told Audrey to make a stop in my Ate Marie’s place in Ligao, Albay and maybe we can stop by the market to buy a pinangat! It’s been awhile since I last seen my Ate Marie so I am no longer familiar with her place. But in the province, it is easy to look for people – just asked around. Sure enough we found her and she made us a nice dinner before heading back to Manila.

Loooong drive …. A bit scarier this time kasi it seems like we are the only one driving in the road! Kinda spooky …. but we made it in Batangas around 3 am. We slept for awhile then head to Cavite. I need to leave all my planting materials in Batangas for planting (one other major reason that made me decide to go to Bicol is to get some plants native to Bicol).

Next roadtrip ... next adventure ??? Hmmm…


Me with the other kids who joined us in our banca (pumpboat) ride.


Bobby and Me in this tiny and charming island called Bugias. It is probably just 30 sq.m island in its entirety!


This is part of the development in Misibis Resort


Cable ride in Bacacay??


Bobby with the Bacacay kids. Hmmm... can you spot Bobby?


Bobby and Audrey with the majestic Mayon Volcano in the background.


Me, Bobby with Ate Marie's family in Ligao, Albay. Yea! We enjoyed the pinangat. According to Ate Marie - the best place to get them is in Camalig, Albay.

No comments:

Post a Comment