Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bohol trip - Part 1

Part 1 - Planning the trip
(This is a late posting but still very relevant to this blog site – content mostly taken from my journal)

It’s been couple months that the kids have not seen their dad, so it is very important to me that when Bob comes here in the Philippines that they really have a lot of fun with Papa. I thought it would be nice to visit Bohol since everybody is talking about how nice Bohol is. I also want to make sure that we get to visit places that we can share to others as a “must-visit place” when they go to the Philippines for vacation.

So Bohol it is. I think I spend a lot of time and effort planning for the trip more than I should really have. I spend lots of times looking at different blogs and travel reviews. Planned for so many activities, talked with lots of people, etc. Can’t blame me, I don’t want to spoil this trip and I am really looking forward to spending good times with Bob and my two little boys. Anyway, here is my tip if you are planning for a trip to the beautiful island of Bohol. Choose the accommodation that fits your budget, and then let the hotel staff make arrangements for you if you want to make those countryside trips. Better yet, if you are comfortable enough to negotiate with the locals, you can do it there, like your boat trips, etc. Make sure you make a stop to Carmen and admire the natural wonder of Chocolate Hills. Of course, come prepared, do your readings so you know what's to see in Bohol, get an idea of the hotel rates then make the necessary decisions.

Here some sites suggestions:

To know more about Bohol - htttp://www.bohol.ph/

We stayed at Alona Tropical Beach Resort. To check on some reviews about this resort:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Asia/Philippines/Province_of_Bohol/Bohol-1407609/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Bohol-Alona_Tropical_Beach_Resort-BR-1.html

To visit their website – here’s the link http://www.alona-tropical.com/

Do I recommend the place – absolutely! Good value for the money. You may want to start exploring the local restaurant in the neighborhood to find a better deal for your meals (and better food!) especially if you are staying for couple of days in Bohol.

My best recommendation – enjoy the place by enjoying your moments together!


I normally don't show picture of me without makeup but this pic of our Bohol trip is so cute not to share! :-) It captures the essence of my best recommendation.

Next post .... Our Bohol trip activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment