Tuesday, March 17, 2009

CALABARZON road trip

I proudly can say, I have a new hobby (not hubby!)! But my hubby is wondering what’s happening to me!! I am now fond of seeing things grow big. Okay, before your mind starts to think of something else – I meant planting, seeing plant grows. This started when my sister and I bought ( okay.. with our husband’s money) our little farm lot in Batangas. Then, I started joining and networking with farming-related e-groups. Before I know it, I have already been to different places to buy planting materials and supplies. One member of the group I joined said I can get some Mangosteen plant materials from him (his name is Rocky) but his farm is in Tanay, Rizal. I have mentioned it to my friend Audrey and she said she’ll go with me! We have not seen each other for awhile, so we decided we’ll go for a drive and we can stop by Liliw, Laguna ( I want to buy some shoes from there as well!) then we can stop by our little farm.

Traffic!!! Driving to Manila can drive you nuts because of traffic. But I was prepared, I got bananas, snacks and drinks in the car and have this crazy radio show to listen to keep me busy and laughing. I finally got close to where I am suppose to pick Audrey up … pero as expected I made a wrong turn and ended up on wrong place. So balik na naman and finally saw where Audrey is. When I picked her she said that I have to make a U-turn right. I hesitated since medyo alanganin na but she said to do it and as I was about ready to turn – we saw an MMDA (traffic enforcer) pointing at us and Audrey said go drive fast!! Well, I did and thank goodness, they did not run after us!! (I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES!) Now, you know why Audrey is a bad influence . This is her forte, running away from traffic enforcer …shhhh… it’s a secret!

We made it to Rocky’s farm (very nice place!) got my planting materials and proceeded with what turned out to be a CALABARZON road trip for us!! From Rizal, we drove to Laguna, then pass through Quezon (where we saw the road sign TO BICOL – seeing this sign made us think of doing a Bicol roadtrip!), spend the night in our place in Batangas.


Me somewhere in Rizal (we just made a stop to take a picture)


Audrey somewhere in Laguna.











The following day, we are ready to go back to Cavite. We took the Talisay road so we have the view of Taal Volcano from the bottom and drive up the upland Tagaytay. It was exhausting but lots of fun!! We capped our trip with a nice relaxing stop at Starbucks in Tagaytay, with the nice view of Taal Volcano, this time from the top of the mountain.


Audrey and Me in our "farm"


Taal Volcano different view - picture above taken in Laurel, Batangas level with Taal; picture below taken from upland Tagaytay in Cavite-overseeing Taal.

1 comment:

  1. wow pang friendster mga photos hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete